The Caporali Missal
Sorry, this item is now out of stock.
The Caporali Missal is named after the two brothers, Bartolomeo and Giapeco Caporali, who decorated the manuscript's pages when it was produced for the Franciscan community of Montone near Perugia in 1469. The four essays in this exhibition catalogue present new research into the manuscript, its artists, the Franciscan context and the church where the book was used during Mass. The reproductions of full pages and details from the Missal's illumination are complemented by photographs of other artworks of the period.