St Mary's Cathedral, Wrexham
Available in Stock
St Mary's is a fine neo-Gothic cathedral, designed by Edward Welby Pugin and built in 1856. Published to mark the building's 150th anniversary, this well-illustrated study offers a social history of the Catholic community in Wrexham, from the years of persecution to the present day, and places particular emphasis on the development of the Catholic schools in this Welsh provincial town. The final chapter surveys the Catholic clergy of Wrexham since 1688.