Owners' Workshop Manual
Hardback 189pp Illustrated 269x210mm
9780857333698   Product Code: 17012
The first underground trains ran in London in 1863 between Paddington (then called Bishop's Road) and Farringdon stations. It is remarkable to note that at that early date steam locomotives were used, filling the tunnels with smoke and soot; the first electric trains were introduced in 1890. Colourfully presented in Haynes's famous Owners' Workshop Manual livery, this book provides an accessible and well illustrated introduction to the history and workings of the world's oldest underground railway.