Hardback 176pp Illustrated
9781851496389   Product Code: 91891
The Chetham and Woolley factory was opened in 1795 and occupied an important place in the Staffordshire ceramics industry. The company is largely forgotten today and this book seeks to re-establish its reputation by telling its history and presenting some beautiful examples of Chetham and Woolley's production in over 170 photographs. In particular, it examines jugs and mugs of 'pearl', a type of white dry-bodied feldspathic stoneware pioneered by the company.