Capital Transport 2009
Hardback 112pp Illustrated
9781854143211   Product Code: 88616
Opened in 1907, the branch of the Piccadilly Line from Holborn to Aldwych was a little-used appendage that managed to survive until 1994. This illustrated history of the Aldwych branch explains why it was built at all and describes the alternative ways in which the Strand (later Aldwych) and Holborn stations and the track have been used, including their roles as art depository, offices and shelters during the Second World War and for experimental architectural purposes since 1994.